Tonight's game takes us to an ancient castle believed by some to harbor a few disembodied pirates. Wouldn't you know, someone has locked in the catacombs-filled with rats and cryptic skeletons! You don't know how you got there or who transported you from the comfort of home to this dreadful place. But one thing's for sure. You must get the heck out of there before the spirits have their way with you!
Hey, at least they've left clues for you to decipher. Go ahead and grab that mouse to retrieve various items strewn-about and store them into your inventory. Carefully interpret each clue you find carved on walls or parchment to solve a few ancient riddles. Maybe the ghosts are testing your wit to see how well you complete the puzzle for your escape. A walkthrough is provided down below.
This point-and-click escape was very well put-together. With eerie sound-effects and clear imagery. The challenge was even-keeled. Not too easy or hard. Though don't expect to see any spooks about unless you count a mummy-alligator. So all in all, I give this 4.5 out of 5 stars!
Ratings: 4.5 Stars!
Escape From the Catacombs Walkthrough
1. Grab brick from skeleton.
2. Get Lantern from beside well.
3. Head to the hallway(to your left) and take spider-web above skeleton.
4. Grab bucket and brick from floor(Near mouse hole).
5. Get Y-stick from next to shelf.
6. Use Y-stick upon the shelve to pry it open.
7. Go back and fill bucket with fresh water.
8. Now go back to opened-shelf, zoom in, and splash water on puzzle to wash away the dirt.
9. The scroll to the back of the hallway is where you'll find hints to this puzzle to open this passageway.
10. Still can't figure it out? Then here's the answer:
11. Enter secret passage and take bowl from Chest-Table.
12. Take paddle from beside table to your right.
13. Get bone from skeleton.
14. Grab brick from the floor(foot of table).
15. Get two spider webs. One above skeleton. The other on the other side of room upon pillar.
16. Combine Y-stick with spider-webs to create a picker.
17. Go back to the beginning again and use picker to retrieve key from next to right-most torch.
18. Use key to unlock gates then enter.
19. Grab oil-tank and brick from floor.
20. Combine the oil-tank with the lantern.
21. Go back out and use lantern on light to ignite it.
22. Use bricks to create stepping-stones on the left-most wall to get into passage-way.
23. Once in, place lantern down.
24. Get stale-bread from upper-right wall.
25. Zoom into chest and solve puzzle. Hints are carved into the walls.
26. O.K. if you must know, it's:
27. Grab knife from chest.
28. Go back through to the hallway.
29. Cut bread with bare-hand(not the knife) then place the crumbs in front of mouse-hole to lure him.
30. Use bowl to retrieve mouse.
31. Use knife on cracked-brick to the lower-right of chain.
32. Insert bone in resultant hole and attach the chain to it to open cage.
33. Throw the mouse beyond the opened cage to trap gator.
34. Empty water from boat with bucket.
35. Finally, you can use the paddle on boat to escape away.
Now play Escape From the Catacombs!
Like what you've read, why not keep up to date and Subscribe to get reviews like these delivered right to your inbox!